Well, it’s almost Thanksgiving again. God, I love the holiday season, it really warms the cockles. This year I’ll be celebrating with CBD pumpkin pie cupcakes. They are absolutely delicious, but I digress. Before I get too far ahead of myself, I guess I should start from the beginning.
It was about this time last year (a few days before Thanksgiving) that I first tried CBD. I had just gotten off work and was headed over to my buddies to blow off some steam. Catch a game, shoot some hoops, heck, I’d settle for PlayStation – anything to get my mind off of the horrible day I just had.
I have a high stress job, with lots of multitasking and deadlines. Add to that an overbearing supervisor you don’t vibe with – sparks tend to fly. This day in particular, was no exception. I overlooked something and he chewed me out pretty good, in front of everybody. He told me I needed to work on my “attention to detail”. I took the criticism like a pro, calm and cool baby. On the inside however, I was pretty heated. As I headed to my car at the end of the day, I was feeling edgy and high strung. I needed something to take the edge off.
So anyway, I get to my buddy’s house and regal him and his wife with my watercooler drama. My friend said “chillax dude, I’ve got you covered”. And he handed me, wait for it, drumroll please…a pumpkin pie cupcake. He said “try this” as he explained it was infused with CBD. He said he used it for medicinal purposes and that it might relax me. He also explained that it was legal, and that it would not get me high. After he assured me there was no THC, I tried one.
Three cupcakes in and 15 min. later, I was feeling pretty calm. I noticed I was significantly more relaxed. It was as if the tension and stress had just evaporated. Since this incident occurred, I have made CBD part of my routine. I don’t use it every day, just when I have a particularly grueling day at work. Sometimes I just want to “Zen-out” to my favorite jams or Netflix and chill. Whatever the case may be, CBD is a nice addition to my regimen.
This Thanksgiving, I’m making the cupcakes. I’m gonna make a batch for my buddy and his wife as well. I think they’ll like that. Whatever happened to that overbearing supervisor you might ask? He was transferred out-of-state – I got his job. (P. S. – see recipe below)
Pumpkin Pie CBD Cupcakes
(This recipe makes 12 cupcakes)
- 12 drops of HempWise CBD full-spectrum hemp extract
- 1 sheet of refrigerated pie crust
- half a can (7 1/2 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup of confectioners’ sugar
- ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350, line 12 muffin cups with foil liners
- Unroll crust. Cut 12 circles with a floured 2-1/4-in. round cookie cutter. Press one crust circle into each liner. Bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- In a big bowl, beat HempWise CBD full-spectrum hemp extract, pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and vanilla until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, pie spice and salt; slowly beat into pumpkin mixture. Pour 1/4 cup batter into each cup.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 20-25 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then move to wire racks and cool completely.
- Whip cream in a large bowl until it begins to thicken. Then add confectioner’s sugar and beat until soft peaks form. Top the cupcake and sprinkle with cinnamon… Delicious!